Friday, December 4, 2009

Home, sweet home!

I've been neglecting this blog, I admit, out of nothing but pure fear. Yes, dear readers, I was, for a while, absolutely terrified of securing the amazing space I've been coveting at the new Melrose Project. I have been similarly scared when attempting to secure the other half dozen spaces I've blogged about - but isn't that half the fun?
Let's just say, The Calf & Kid is about to have a new home!

While papers are being printed and signatures awaiting fresh ink, this space is mine, and I cannot even begin to express how insanely happy I am to be a part of this new space.

Anyone who's been reading (and if you haven't, then slog through the last few posts), knows the awesome location of the shop, and I don't need to repeat my love of my new neighbors-to-be, Sitka and Spruce, Terra Plata, Sonic Boom, not to mention a local butcher, florist, and more.

I am beyond plussed at this moment, knowing I will share this coveted marketplace with so many amazing Seattle small business owners. For now I am off for one last weekend away before commencing the nose-to-the-grindstone that will be opening.
In the meantime keep your eyes peeled for Calf & Kid opening festivities!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shari,
    Congrats on your (retail space) acquisition! I am sure you are going to do fantastic in that location, the neighboring tenants sound so amazing. Good things come to those who wait :)
    I wanted to apologize also for being a pill and not being able to take your call last month regarding Steve's Cheese and my cheese plans. I didn't realize it, but I had a wedding to attend that day.
    I hope we can touch base some other time, I would still really like to pick your brain on your experience with Steve and the whole process.
    Congrats again on the new location for c&K!

    Nelle Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Congrats, Shari! Cannot wait to see this place. Viva la fromage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you or know what your shop will be like, but I have to say that "Calf & Kid" is as swell a name as a cheese shop could ever wish for--elegant and poetic and earthy. Nice choice!

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. best medicine reminder app

    ReplyDelete