Monday, September 14, 2009

Brow wiping

Whew! The past week has been a flurry of wrapping up details for the premier cheese and wine tasting at Poco Wine Room. We sold almost 3/4 of our available slots before the weekend was over, and just today we are officially sold out! I couldn't be happier. We are already planning the theme for October's event, so keep your eyes and ears peeled.

I've also been doing the investor dance with the small group wonderful individuals who are putting forth their heartfelt commitment, and opening their wallets, to help make The Calf & Kid a reality. Hopefully this week will see us signing paperwork and taking the final plunge.

Now it's on to pricing equipment - thankfully there is a lot of great used stuff out there in this economy - and putting a little fire under my own ass to keep things moving as swiftly as possible, permits be damned.

Otherwise, I am taking full advantage of the moments I have here and there to sit and reflect on the journey that has taken me to this point so far. Overall, I have to say that I constantly count my blessings and thank all the people who have given me advice, contacts, contacts of contacts, and especially all the support I've received from cheese lovers everywhere. The Seattle community has stood up for their love of cheese, and one way or another I will deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment