Tuesday, September 8, 2009

tick tick tock

The waiting game, I've never been good at it.

In the past few weeks, nothing and everything has been happening. Momentum has picked up on the front of finding investors (yay!), and steps towards securing a micro-loan to make up for the fact that I'm not eligible for a SBA loan. Contractors are busy bees putting bids together for build out on the space and for a little bit there I was feeling caught up in it and sure that I could work my butt off to make the shop open before the holiday season. Today I received a good dose of red tape reality from the DPD; they are saying 6-8 weeks before my permit for construction will be approved because it has to go through the health department. A little lesson to all those out there who are thinking of opening up shop eh? Not that I could have done much about this anyway, seeing as the intention of locking down a space is what gets one to the point of needing to secure such permits. Anyhoo, just another minor setback, I'm trying my hardest not to let it get me down. Hell, that's just another month or so of continued cheese tasting!

Another, more important bit of news is that my good friend Mike of Royal Magnethas been working for cheese to design the new logo for the Calf & Kid. Below are two mock up's; they're pretty different and I love both of them, so now's the time for cheese geeks everywhere to give me some feedback! Which one do you like and why? You can email or comment or however you choose to spew your opinions, just do it in the next week because I've got to lock down this baby for the tasting at Poco Wine Room next week.
It's up to you, Seattle and beyond!

5 comments:

  1. I like the second one because it looks like an Official stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #1, it's simple yet distinctive. And would look great on a t-shirt. Let me know when you have some available. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you are waiting will you go to the Met Market Cheese Festival? http://metropolitan-market.com/cheese/?pmc=SP091009&logger=eventMailer2009-09-10&mailerID=6747&utm_campaign=eventMailer2009-09-10&utm_medium=email&utm_source=html&utm_content=cheese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri, I like #1 as well. I am so glad to hear that you are getting closer to opening up the shop. And the Poco Wine Shop event sounded awesome. Good luck to you!
    Tanya from Jacksonville, FL

    ReplyDelete